Curvature

Exactly how do you furnish the curvy part of a U? After much searching we are lucky enough to have found a sofa with a rounded back and so after almost 9 years of faithful service, our little futon has retired to Carla's study and been replaced by this lovely big thing.

I was also determined to get rid of the wine box/particle board bookshelves you can see in the photo behind the sofa - they have been practical as a temporary solution but I wanted something more sturdy for the long run. So I spent a couple of weeks this summer hacking away at bits of timber to make a bookshelf which (more or less) followed the line of the wall. I have since come to the conclusion that I am in no way whatsoever, ever ever ever, going to be able to call myself a carpenter, but it will have to do. No zooming in on the joinery!